ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) is pleased to announce that we have just added 353 new titles to our online collection. These titles are automatically available to all subscribers and MARC records may be downloaded for easy integration with library holdings (please see below for instructions).
- New titles in the areas of U.S. History, Medieval History, Religion, and Music and Musicology, among others.
- Titles recommended by HEB’s newest participating learned societies, the American Comparative Literature Association (ACLA), the National Communications Association (NCA), and the Society for Military History (SMH).
- An additional 112 titles published by Oxford University Press, one of the original publishers to partner with HEB when the collection first launched in 2002.
- Forty-nine titles added from Harvard University Press, another among HEB’s original collaborating publishers.
- Contributions from HEB’s most recently signed collaborating publishers, University of Toronto Press, Southern Illinois University Press, Michigan State University Press and Baylor University Press.
New subscribers or those who have not recently updated their MARC records for the collection should download acls1-11.zip (covering all titles in rounds 1-11, online as of August 2014).
In order to add MARCs for only the most recent releases, please download the file acls11.zip, which includes records for the 353 books added in August 2014, as well as for 8 XML-encoded frontlist titles released intermittently since round 10.
If downloading the new records only, please bear in mind that a number of titles are being removed in this round and that you may wish to manually remove the corresponding MARC records from your library catalog. A list of all titles removed from the collection to date, including the 33 books removed in this round, can be found here: http://humanitiesebook.org/help/for-librarians.html#Anchor-Titles-11113.